Monday, February 20, 2017

Gone Girl Review

Who would know that my blog would become a book blog??



It's not FYI, but something that I wanted to do this year was read more books. And I thought that I would review some of the books that I really love, or do posts about the books that I read throughout the year. This blog really wouldn't fit with one genre at this time, I'm just writing about what I do/ what I love. Hopefully the wide variety of topics won't overwhelm people that find this blog.

Anyway, the first book that I'm writing about is Gone Girl, and the hype has come and gone for this book. I've always wanted to ready this book, but never actually set out the time for it or any book to be honest. So when I started to pick up reading, one of the first books I picked up was Gone Girl. It's about a husband, Nick Dunne, who's wife, Amy Dunne, goes missing and his quest to find out what happened to her while people suspect him of her disappearance. Most people probably already knows what happened because it's been out for awhile, but i'm not going to spoil it for anyone planning to read it.

Overall, this book is a good book, It wasn't the perfect book for me because it definitely had it's slow moments. While there were slow moments, there was definitely moments where I was totally enthralled in the book and had to know what happened next. I kinda expected the big moments in the book because things had been spoiled for me, but if you are going in kinda blind to this story, I expect that you would think the big moments are SUPER great. Overall, this is a good book to read if you like thriller books, and are into twists and turns. It's not for people who are sensitive to adult themes so if you don't like that than you probably won't like this book as well.

If you've read this book, tell me what you thought about it in the comments below!

Kelsey B.

P.S. : I have a goodreads account if you would like to know what i'm reading, what i want to read and my basic reviews on the books that i've read. You can check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment