I hope you all had a fun and safe New Year. I hope 2017 is a wonderful and momentous year for all of us and that we all grow! 2016 was a great year for me personally, for the world, meh not so much :/ but overall its a new year with new goals and new opportunities. So here are my resolutions for 2017.
- Spend more time reading the bible - I fell of the wagon with this recently, from school and other things I put off reading my bible and that's horrible. So this year I really need to dig into the word and make this a priority!
- Be more productive throughout the week - now this is something that i've worked on this last year, and I feel like I've been very productive. But i just want to continue to improve and continue to be motivated
- No sugar throughout the work week - I've been working out very well, but if you are trying to shed a few pounds then most people will tell you that eating is 80% of the journey. My eating habits have been horrible so I really need to work on that.
- Be more thoughtful when spending money - I can't tell you how much money i've waisted on makeup that I really didn't need. So this year I'm really working on how I spend my money.
- Eat Cleaner - this needs no explanation lol
- Take more pictures - I've been doing a project with polaroids and I realized that I really need to start taking more pictures. Just so I have more memories of the people I love!
- Don't live so reserved - I think that i've lived my life very safely, not like most 23 year olds, and i'm proud of how i've lived my life. I dont want people to think that I'm trying to go crazy and wild because that is definitely NOT what I want to do. But I do want to start saying yes to more things and have more adventures!
I started this tradition last year with myself and i'm going to start it on my blog this year, and it's the Bible Verse of the Year. Last year's was Isaiah 12:2. This year's is:
"God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved; God shall help her, just at the break of dawn"
~ Psalms 46:5 NKJV
That is my theme verse for the year, something I meditate on throughout the year and I found this verse and I love it. I encourage you to find a verse this year that you want to meditate on throughout the year and just keep your heart on while we go through 2017