Wednesday, June 15, 2016
I have a blog, and this blog is a place where I air out my thoughts. I like to talk about my life, beauty, technology, etc. Things that aren't very important in the grand scheme of things. Today I want to talk about other people, people that on last sunday night, just wanted to celebrate with their friends and have a good time, but instead 49 people, as I type this, have lost their lives because of hate.
I haven't stopped watching the news since it happened, not to learn about the horrible killer, but to learn about the victims, learn more about the solutions to this crime that happens again, and again, and again, and again. To know that President Obama has had to address this 15 times is a tragedy in itself. But i'm not going to talk about the politics. These people were brothers and sisters, friends, sons and daughters, etc. These are the people we should remember. They are the people that matter. As well as Christina Grimmie, who unfortunately lost her life the night before. Another precious soul, taken too soon.
There is a problem in the U.S. that needs to be addressed, if not this will happen again. I pray for the victims and their families everyday, and the ones still fighting for their lives. I 100% believe in the power of prayer, but at the same time action must be done. Today, i'm recognizing the victims, it's my birthday, i'm blessed to see another one, unfortunately 49 people won't see their next birthday. Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of all the victims. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. I urge you all to donate to the pulse gofundme account here. We need to show more love, and if you are going to do one thing today just love on people. You just might have a greater impact on a life than you could ever imagine.
Friday, June 3, 2016
Here a couple of things that i've been eyeing on my wishlist, some of these things might've been on a previous wishlist post, but that just means I really, really want it.
- Chacos- chacos were a big thing down here for years, and still kinda is. I tried to avoid the whole chacos train because I try not to follow the crowd, but i love the practicality of them. and i'm all down for sandals.
- Hunter rainboots - the last pair of rainboots that I had were from target, and while they were good while they lasted they eventually tore apart. So now I want to invest in some good rainboots, and i love the tall black ones.
- Rayban Round sunglasses - i adore these sunglasses and wanted them for so long, theres something so cool about them, and so they made the wishlist.
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
- Beach!! - I hadn't been to the beach/ on a trip in FOREVER so it was so much fun to go with my closest friends and we spent a wonderful weekend at the beach. I have to go back again soon!
- Too Face Born this way foundation- I will post a review about this foundation soon, but just know, I absolutely love this foundation and it's my new favorite foundation!
- Apples & Peanut butter - eating healthier has been a challenge over the years for me, but my go to snack as of recently was cut up apples and peanut butter, you can get even healthier by substituting almond butter for peanut butter. But regardless this has been my favorite snack of the month
- Gym - I joined a gym and I have been loving it! I usually love cardio more than lifting weights, but i've found out recently that has changed. Ive been experimenting with different exercises and changing up my routine. But overall the gym has been my #1 favorite of the month.
What have been your favorite things in the month of May? Tell me in the comments below!