Friday, March 4, 2016

My Favorite Dish!

I love Soul Food!

Being a child of the south, how can you not? Growing up, and still to this day every sunday with a soulful dinner is one of the best things ever! My favorite thing to eat? Macaroni and Cheese! Also my favorite thing to make (maybe because its the only thing I know how to make ;)). My recipe is based off of Paula Deen's recipe that I will link here, but I put a few of my own touches into it as well. Now this is NOT HEALTHY, it's probably the worst type of macaroni and cheese for you health wise, BUT when I say the taste is AMAZING!!! I have it about 2-3  times a year, so use it sparingly, but if you need a pick me up, or some real soulful food, I highly urge you to try it out. It won't disappoint!

Recipe

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup of grated monterey jack 
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup of pet milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment