Monday, February 22, 2016

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" Book Review

Time for my first book review on this blog!


I finished the book How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I heard about this book from popular youtuber. They were talking about this book numerous times and It just peaked my curiosity and I had to check it out for myself. I bought this book about a year ago and I just finished it. Now my schedule is pretty hectic, or atleast for the past year it has been, and I didn't have much time to read it. But I finally finished and it has it's pros and cons.

I like the information it gives, it's not like i didn't know the principles that it was teaching, but Dale had a great way of reiterating it. It's a good read to remind you to put yourself in the other person's perspective. The book helps you work with others better and to bring out the best in others.'

The only con, which to me is pretty big and one reason why it took me so long to read it was that it wasn't as captivating as I was hoping it would be. I was thinking this book would hold my attention and at moments it did! especially in the beginning. But in the middle it got kinda slow. This book was written a long time ago and even though it's still very relevant today, you can tell it's very dated. I do have to say, this is the first "self-help" book i've ever read. So while i appreciate the tips, and even though it wasn't a challenging read, it just wasn't very interesting to me for the most part.

Overall, i think it's a good book to read at least once in your life. I definitely highlighted some of my favorite parts that i'll go back and reference from time to time. But if you are expecting some captivating read, well...... it's just not that. atleast not for me, who is someone who is a sucker for fiction novels.

Tell me your thoughts about this book, or what you're currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment