Friday, January 29, 2016

Being Positive!


I've been learning a lot about myself for the past couple of years, more like since i've graduated from high school. A lot of people hate their high school years, but i'm one of the ones who enjoyed it. Afterwards is another story though. When I graduated high school, I went to college and struggled and then to add on to the problem my dad suffered a brain aneurysm and almost died. It was a very stressful time, and to be honest it's still stressful. But one thing that i've learned overtime is to change the way I think. For so long, every thought I had was a negative one, thinking of negative outcomes, and expecting the worse. I thought that way because if I expected the worst then my disappointment wouldn't be as bad as if I expected the best. And if there was a better outcome then it would be a pleasant surprise, but that thought process is so flawed. I don't want to get too preachy, but my faith is a big part of who I am, the biggest part of who I am in all actuality. Not having faith in god and trusting in him, is a huge slap in the face to him. And really, its not believing in him at all. Even if you don't believe in what I believe, It's never good to put those negative thoughts into the world. Your thoughts and the way you speak are SO important! What you put out in the world is what you'll get back in return. If you haven't watched "The Secret" documentary on Netflix, I highly urge you to watch it. Whether you are a person of faith or not, it has such great information!
I'm not going to lie to you, sometimes it gets hard. Even now, there are moments when i'm weak and i'm not feeling it. But faith and being positive is like muscles, you have to work it out to get stronger. I urge you guys to just change your mindset! I'm doing it, and i'm already reaping the benefits!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment